Prep: 15 min
Heat intensity: Mild
- 1 tbsp Sour cream / Yogurt
- 4 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 kg Beef cubes
- 1 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper (To taste)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder (Mother in Law)
- 2 large Tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh Coriander (Bunch))
- 250ml Coconut Milk
To marinate the beef:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add the beef cubes and stir to full coat.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate overnight.
To make the curry:
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat, sauté onions and add the ginger and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the curry powder (mother-in-law) and mix well.
- Add the beef cubes and fry until golden brown on all sides and let the beef sauté for 30min on a low heat.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning (to taste) and add the fresh coriander, tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Cook for an additional 30min to 1 hour until the beef is tender.
Serve with: Plain White Rice/ Spicy Lentil Basmati Rice